Search This Blog

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Mia Palencia, Singapore Art House

Back in the day I used to play and record bass for this singer who recorded her first solo album. The title track Finding my Way talks about someone coming to a new place and basically finding their way, metaphorically of course not the typical directions to the Mcdonalds nearby.

I guess sometimes in life all of us reach this point when we seem lost and don't know what to do. Some of us stay in this state of mind for too long and it ends up becoming a vicious cycle of self doubt that develops into cynicism. I think its not a good place to be in (for your mind) but then again no one wants to feel like that forever so I guess we should all just get on with our lives and not stay in the same state of mind. but what do I know.

Not many people know that Mia Palencia had this gig in Singapore at the Singapore Art House. It included that talented drummer Stephanie Chan from KK, Sabah, Guitar maestro from Tawau, Sabah Alejandro Tingzon Jr a.k.a. Jun, Leonard Khoo from PJ who did sound for us and myself. It was a week long sting including a day of soundchecks and 4 nights of shows. Possibly one of my best experiences playing outside of Malaysia in terms of musicality. it was nice to play for nights instead of just the one night.

I really enjoyed playing with these awesome musicians possibly second only to playing with the now defunct Qings & Kueens. So that was then and now I have found my new band of brothers (literally, haha) in SquareCircles. Will talk more about that in a different posting. Hope you enjoy this song and your not feeling too glum. There is only so much you can do for others the rest is up to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment