Search This Blog

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Bass Cover # 3 - God Bless the Child written by Arthur Herzog & Billie Holiday


This is one of those songs that I keep coming back to over and over again, because the melody and chords work really closely together. It also has a strong melody that sticks in your head. I first heard this song in a cassette recording of The Simpsons Sing The Blues album. Sung by Lisa Simpson. The album version has a really awesome saxophone solo at the end one of my first eye openers about jazz music when I was about 10 I guess.
Every kid of the 90s would love this album, there is just so much fun and joy in this album.

I've been working at this song since I was way back in college. Never got the chance to record it back then. But thanks to people like Az Samad  & Rozhan Razman who first taught me about chord  voicings on the bass I am able to explore more. En. Ramlan Imam also helped me to open my mind to approaching the bass as a solo instrument.


So I don't know what I will record next I just want to play music that i like to listen to. I hope you enjoy it too. Thanks for dropping by.

p.s. : Drop me a comment if you have any suggestions about what I should play next.

No comments:

Post a Comment