Search This Blog

Monday, May 13, 2013

Cover of Sayang Kinabalu with Dave

I first met Dave at the Penang Island Jazz Festival in 2012 he was playing for the Band Funkyard. Dave is from Sabah and he is so talented, like most Sabahans are. Granted that there as many bad ones as there are good ones. But I think Dave was singing when he was born. 

I had really wanted to play with him since he got to KL. Buttime did not permit until yesterday. What followed was a great makan session and a movie hahaha. It was a very hot Day thus you can see the fan. I'm still figuring out what i need to make a better audio recording. I could just fix it with buying a Zoom recorder but yeah the videos are not paying yet haha.  

This is Sayang Kinabalu, a traditional folk song reworked by Dave together with Funkyard. 


The video below is a video of our performance at The Open Mic Feedback at the Bee in Jaya One

No comments:

Post a Comment